This past weekend was one experience I will laugh at for a long time. I wish I had pictures to capture some of the details, but that wasn't a high priority at the time. So on Friday we decided to go up to the cabin in Heber. We were told that we could get to the cabin with the 4 wheelers so there shouldn't be too much snow. We had invited our friend and her daughter along for a relaxing time. Once we arrived at the bottom of the canyon we realized that there was too much snow to drive up so Gary said he would walk to the cabin and bring a 4 wheeler down to take us up. It is probably a mile up the mountain and if I wasn't so preggo I could have made the hike as well. So after about 30 minutes we decided to let the kids run around while we were waiting for Gary. There were 2 guys taking a bunch of girls up to their cabin and asked if we wanted a ride. So we said sure, since Gary was having a hard time getting the 4 wheelers to work. So there were a couple of patches of deep snow and he got stuck in one section. As this guy is trying to get out of the snow we keep sliding down towards the side of the road (which had a little bit of a drop off). I was in the back seat with Isaac and Addi (not wearing any seatbelts) and started to get a very panic look on my face each time we got closer to the edge. So he called his brother to come and help him get his SUV out of the snow. In the meantime, we are all standing on the side of the road watching the guys work. We decided that we would just walk the rest of the way. So we started to walk and after a couple minutes that guy comes back on a snowmobile to take us up to the cabin. Gary eventually met up with us and took us most of the way. We did a little bit of walking, snowmobiling and 4 wheeling - in the mud! After 2 hours we made it to the cabin and relaxed the rest of the night. The next day we decided to just walk down to our cars. Gary pulled the kids in the sled for most of the way. They only fell out about 4 times and they cried the remaining time. Towards the bottom, Gary had had enough of their crying and they got to walk the rest of the way down. Oh it was such an adventure.
Later on Saturday we went to IFA to get lawn fertilizer and we told Isaac that he was going to see baby chicks, ducks and rabbits. I was holding his hand and took him up to the bin of baby chicks. He immediately started yelling and backing up because they scared him. It was so funny watching his reaction. He did however enjoy petting the rabbits.
2 comments:
What an adventure!
Well atleast you got a little of that Cabin Fever out of your system. :) I am really excited for summer, probably partially because I am halfway through this semester and realizing why I didn't want to go back to school in the first place. :)
Post a Comment