Friday, January 2, 2009

It's January

So we had a great New Year's Eve and spent the evening with my cousin Laurie and her husband Clay and their son Miles. Isaac had a great time playing and he managed to stay awake till midnight. The dinner was great - thanks Laurie.
I also had a great surprise last Sunday when my good friend, Bronwyn called and said they were in town from Pennsylvania. They drove 36 hours across the country to see their family for Christmas. It was so nice to see them again. It had been 3 years since we have seen each other. Someday we will live within real driving distance from one another.
And of course it wouldn't be normal if we planned a trip without planning one to Disneyland. So we are headed there in February over the holiday weekend. Anyone is welcome to join us. The airfare was really decent so we would love to have company!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

If it's any consolation, Miles almost made it to midnight too. Sorry they wound each other up. We had a great time too. I'll have to post some pictures of the boys soon. We got some cute ones.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

So, I've been seriously delinquent at commenting on people's blogs lately. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas & New Year! I love the wrapping paper roll fun...we have enjoyed our fill of that here too. And, I have to say how cute your family picture is from before Christmas - great of all 3 of you! (well, 4 I guess, but you know what I mean...) And, WHAT? Bronwyn was in town?! How great! I'm so glad that you got to see her! Of course I would have loved to see her too, but there's not even enough time to spend with family (and close friends) when you come in town (I remember), so I understand. Gimme a call though, Leslie & let's take the boys to the children's museum or something...

Nat said...

:( Really do wish we were coming... next time! Just won't work for us next month. Good to see you today! Let me know next Dr appt.

Angela said...

Your family pic looks so good. I really regret not doing one this year. You look really great! (I look post-pregnancy so maybe I shouldn't regret too much.)

Your blog is so pretty and so is/was your tree! I wish we could go to Disneyland in Feb. We went Christmas 07 and it is the happiest place on earth for me. I loved it. Let me know how the new Nemo submarine ride is. I know some people hate Disneyland but I think it's a blast. Hope you have a good time!